DAPSI call deadline 20/01/2021

Reply from DAPSI regarding the diversity amendment proposed:

Dear Loïc,

Thank you for informing on that matter.

I share your email with our colleagues from [redacted] so they can take this into account.

Best regards,

Here are my notes about the [DAPSI] How to boost the development of your application by using FIWARE Generic Enablers - WEBINAR meeting:

1 Like

Received today:

Dear DAPSI participants,

The DAPSI programme recently started, you already had the first training sessions with [redacted] and also your first session with your assigned mentor. I hope it is being interesting for you and I would like to remind the importance of the attendance to these activities as this is an important aspect to assess your performance in the DAPSI programme.

I would like to also inform you that you will receive an explanatory document soon, extending the information provided in the welcome meeting regarding KPIs for evaluation, calculation of payments, etc. In the meantime, you are supposed to work according to the proposal plan you submitted, as the KPIs will be defined aligned to this.

Anyway, If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact and ask.

Best regards,

Mail received today on the diversity topic:

Thank you for your email. The first technical evaluation will take place on Month 5 (end of September). If I understood correctly, you want me to add another deliverable to your list titled “Ongoing effort to improve diversity, M1-M9”. I will add it to your list. You will soon receive a table regarding the KPIs. But please remember that we are NOT defining project-specific KPIs, but rather we are designing a big table that incorporates all deliverables from all teams and includes high-level categories and their corresponding KPIs.

Please feel free to directly contact me in case you have any questions.

To which I replied:

Thank you for adding this deliverable to the fedeproxy list. I did not realize the KPI were global to all projects, thanks for clarifying this important aspect. What really matters is that fedeproxy commitment to diversity is now an integral part of the project.

Mail received today:

Dear participants,

Thanks a lot for your attendance in our last session. AS promised

:fire: Please find attached content covered in session 2
:fire: Your Homework/Pre Work is to just complete the LEAN CANVAS part (nothing else) (Deconstruct your business Excel shared previously and attached here) and come to session 3. No submissions needed this week.
:fire: Thanks to those who provided feedback last session.
:fire: See you for session 3 on Tuesday 8th June 2021 at 10am-12pm Paris time Invite below

[redacted] is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: DAPSI Value Proposition Training
Time: Jun 8, 2021 10:00 AM Madrid

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89064674277?pwd=elJydXZ1bWVsbjJ0cnFMSXlycG9zZz09

Meeting ID: 890 6467 4277
Passcode: 197697
One tap mobile
+442034815240,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom
+442039017895,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kce62Z9H7E

Deconstruct Your business.xlsx (31.7 KB)
Dapsi_Value Training 2021_week2.pdf (535.3 KB)

Reply sent today:

Hi,

Thanks for sending the canvas. We will not be able to fill it because the fedeproxy project does not include a business part, it is an experiment with no foreseeable business development.

Sincerely

Reply received today:

There is nothing about business in there. You’re building something that will have users yes? In which case all fields except revenue will be applicable. For revenue you decide if grants etc are applicable. If not, then some one will and somehow you’ll need to keep things going

Reply sent today:

Hi,

Fedeproxy is all about building something that is user centric, reason why the project started with extensive User Research. It is by engaging in this activity that we get to understand what users really need. The outcome of this User Research deliverable is due at M3 and is the cornerstone that will allow us to articulate the product and the online services that would fit in the “Gain Creators”, “Gains”, “Pains” and “Pains Relievers”. Although I’m sure other projects already have a deep understanding of their current and future user base, it is not the case of the fedeproxy project at the moment.

Fedeproxy is an experiment and in the context of this project there is no requirement to keep things going. Of course it would be nice to keep things going, but working on that specific aspect is outside of the scope of the project at this point in time. A choice had to be made and given the resources provided by the grant, the deliverables were designed to produce different outcomes. I invite you to read the application if you would like details on that matter.

You claim there is nothing about business in the canvas but I respectfully object that items like “CUSTOMER SEGMENT”, “Target customer”, “Path to customers” and more are exclusively business related. Unless someone comes up with the notion of a customer unrelated to business.

Sincerely

Answer received today:

As mentioned previously in session 1 and 2, customers and users are interchangeable in this context. I’d be happy even if you did this for users.
It’s up to you to decide what you’d like to do and not.

I won’t reply because I get the feeling we’re not communicating.

I replied because it is required by the organization providing the grant:

Hi,

Here is the canvas filled with the fedeproxy information we have at this time and following your guidance on the matter.

Sincerely

Deconstruct Your business-fedeproxy.xlsx (26.7 KB)

Are you sure to send back the file was mandatory?

Yes. fedeproxy grading depends on participation (10%). Not sending the file back would be not participating. There is however no grading for these activities: it’s black and white.

During the webinar, another attendee asked if the excel file should be sent back, the presenter answered that:

1. this file should not be sent back;
  2. only fulfilling the google form after the webinar was required.
1 Like

Yesterday, I followed the [DAPSI] Value Proposition Training meeting.
Some notes:

• This videoconference required a google account.
  • There wasn’t an attendee list.
  • The terms customer and user are interchangeable.
  • The slides of the presentation will be sent later.
  • One excel file needs to be fulfilled before the next meeting.
1 Like

Mail received today:

1 Like

Mail received today:

1 Like

Agenda for the 1on1 mentoring scheduled Wednesday June 16th, 2021:

Context

· See past record below

Agenda proposal

· Feedback on interviews made : Loïc and Pierre-Louis

· Expose the plan of solution’s development for MVP and further possible versions : Loïc and Pierre-Louis

· Clarify the costs’ parameters for a MVP solution in operation and especially the volume impact

· Conclusion

Actions, next steps

· According to conclusion

Record
Minutes of 26-05-2021 meeting

• FedeProxy aims first at allowing interactions of subscribers of forge’s services with non-subscribers (those later ones may want to interact with developers of specific forge services without being users of those services).
  • A second FedeProxy may come later, allowing subscribers of a forge service to move own data to another forge service (but this second function have to be proved relevant as developers (from entreprises or independent ones) do not seem to really needing that portability facility).
  • FedeProxy has made 10 (1-hour long) interviews of users of forge services and plan to analyse them in June and July.
  • It is unclear what part of potential users would be keen to pay for the FedeProxy service, but the costs of operation are rather low (a simple server would operate the identity translation between the person’s and that in the targeted forge). Various possible business model could be foreseen.
  • FedeProxy aims at operating a PoC involving some users to validate the interest, seize the potential market, clarify the usage and the possible business models.

Actions, next steps

• Analyse the interviews made, identify the top priority pains and needs : FedeProxy/Loïc, Pierre-Louis
  • Next meetings : June 16th and July 7th, 11:00 to 12:00am : Jean-Paul to send corresponding invitations.

Initial invitation
Context

• Dapsi program propose a coaching session series

Agenda

• Pitch of the project, at the point where it is now and its perspectives : Loïc
  • Review of the main KPIs for the rest of the year
  • Review of the plan to achieve the targets
  • Review of the means available and needed, the ways to obtain and use them
  • Review of the main challenges for the weeks ahead
  • Open discussion
  • Conclusion and set up the next recurrent time slots for the months to come

Expected outcomes

• Clear view of the project, its goals, difficulties and solutions.

Received yesterday:

Dear all,

NGIatlantic.eu and US NSF are co-organising a workshop on the Open call 4 topics and initial discussions about open call 5 on 18 June 2021 (1400 CEST – 1800 CEST) – information and registration available at https://ngiatlantic.eu/events/ngiatlanticeu-nsf-eu-us-networking-workshop-open-call-4

This workshop will present some nice opportunities for you to take your results forward to team up with US partners to carry out experiments with US partners via the NGIatlantic.eu project’s open calls.

The topics for Open call 4, which opens 15 June with a closure on 15 Sept. are introduced in the workshop agenda and at https://ngiatlantic.eu/ngiatlanticeu-4th-open-call, so it would be especially of interest to projects coming from ESSIF-LAB**, DAPSI**, NGI Pointer, FED4FIRE+, and others also. So please have a loo. You will also have an opportunity to make a pitch during the event.

Best Regards,

Received yesterday:

Dear All,

A short email to let you know about an event of relevance!

The Horizon 2020 HORIZON CLOUD project is organising a Community Event on Open Source Initiatives for Cloud Computing. During this event, the three Open Source Cloud Initiatives Eclipse Foundation, OpenNebula, and Sovereign Cloud Stack will present their work and engage with European Cloud Community.

The event is part of a series of Technical Community Events for the European Cloud Community. Aim of the event series is to foster synergies and collaboration between European Cloud Projects.

Register now HERE and get your token to participate to the event!

Kind Regards,

Dear participants,

Thanks a lot for your attendance in our last session. As promised

:fire: Attached Week 3 workshop slides

:fire: Please provide feedback here

:fire: Your homework is to complete the Lean Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas, from the excel attached or separately (if you have done it separately that is fine too). Each project should email it directly to me at [redacted] in one email. I will then evaluate them. Please send by 21st June and if you would like some very specific feedback, specify it in your email.

• There is no right or wrong, and there is just your own learning that is seen here.

:fire: Next session invite for June 23rd at 10am

[redacted] is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: DAPSI Value Proposition Training
Time: Jun 23, 2021 10:00 AM Madrid

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89064674277?pwd=elJydXZ1bWVsbjJ0cnFMSXlycG9zZz09

One tap mobile
+442034815240,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom
+442039017895,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kce62Z9H7E

+34 608 374133/+44 7962215774

Dapsi_Value Training 2021_week3.pdf (851.5 KB)