DAPSI call deadline 20/01/2021

Mail sent today:

Hi,

The KPIs were discussed today during the mentoring session with [redacted] (cc’ed). Since one of the primary objectives of the mentoring sessions is to define the KPIs applicable to the project, we worked out KPIs suitable to non-commercial projects and fedeproxy in particular. Here is the proposal that emerged, for your review:

Fedproxy validation:

• Non-Commercial validation
  • Problem and solution (8 points out of 40)
    • The solution is trying to solve an identified problem
    • Description of the solution
    • Global overview
    • Why you?
  • Significant contribution to the internet community (8 points out of 40)
    • The size of the Free Software developer community
    • The size of the internet community impacted by the Free Software developer community
    • Does the targeted internet community exist?
    • Is the emergence of a de-facto communication standard between forges possible?
    • Is the communication standard presented in a well identified and analysed network (developers, forge maintainers, forge authors)?
  • Cooperation (8 points out of 40)
    • Present your cooperative environment
    • Which are the main actors willing to cooperate (forge users, forges instances, forges authors)?
    • Main actors description: deep description of 3 principal actors
    • Conclusions after analysing the actors
  • Usage value and adoption (10 points out of 40)
    • Communication plan
    • Number of support from individuals or organizations published publicly after Phase I
    • How does it contribute to the decentralization of forges?
    • How does it help forge ensure durability of the user data?
    • How does it reduce the risk of forge maintainers under the RGPD?
  • Execution (6 points out of 40)
    • Financial planning and 18 months forecast

Instead of the generic template:

• Business Validation
  • Problem and solution (8 points out of 40)
    • The solution is trying to solve an identified problem
    • Description of the solution
    • Global overview
    • Why you?
  • Market (8 points out of 40)
    • "The market size and the precise market they address
    • Does the market exist? Do they give enough details?"
    • "Targets
    • Are they clearly described? Why those?"
    • "The business is presented in a well identified and analysed network
    • (suppliers, clients, partners, legal framework)"
  • Competition (8 points out of 40)
    • "Present your competitive environment
    • Is it highly fragmented or concentrated? Who are the main actors? Direct or indirect competitors?"
    • "Main actors description
    • Deep description of 3 principal actors: size, offer, strategy, development stage
    • Did they raise any funds?"
    • Conclusions after analysing the competition
  • Sales (10 points out of 40)
    • Sales plan
    • Number of Letter of Intent/Pilots signed after Phase 1
    • Presentation and explanation of the price
    • "Details on the commercial release
    • Justification of the number of clients/users: what is the financial effort to realise this
      action? How do they realise their customer acquisition?"
    • Presentation and explanation of the Business Model
  • Execution (6 points out of 40)
    • “70 % Milestones achieved as per proposal”
    • “Financial planning and 18 months forecast”

Cheers

The minutes of today’s meeting with the mentor, as sent today by the mentor:

Minutes of July 7th meeting

· Responses to Dapsi KPIs should be made in the case of Fedeproxy as for an activity to build an open source standard for the Forges operation.

· The value is twofold :

o for the users of the Forges it lies in time saved (in transferring project from a Forge to another or in contributing to projects in various Forges; an value assessment can be made although roughly and subject to discussion of pairs to be further refined (Loïc will draft some figures)

o for Forges themselves, it lies in risk avoided or reduced (risk of data loss or of security breach, better covered within a federation of Forges rather than assumed separately)

· Communication with Forges about FedeProxy :

o Contacts initiated with Framagit, April and Heptapod, with warm welcome and OK to assess FedeProxy

o Proposal develop blog/white paper explaining FedeProxy , the problem it solve and its benefits, communication to be relayed from allies (devleopers-prescribers, or Forges like those mentioned above)

· Dapsi evaluation in September raise questions :

o Is presentation made before evaluation ?

o Is evaluation made based on the KPI grid or on an additional presentation document ?

Actions next steps

· Answer to Loïc’s questions about evaluation : [redacted] will ask [redacted], before Friday

· Next meeting : Proposal for August 4th, 11 to 12:00 am : [redacted] to confirm and send invitation

The GDPR webinar started, with a bit of confusion because the link was not updated in the calendar. The sound is good, the presentation shows and people (16) are here, with video turned off.

1 Like

Mail received today:

Dear all, I would like to invite you to the third technical training workshop organized by Fraunhofer IAIS. This time, my colleague, [redacted], will present International Data Spaces as a decentralized Platform for Data Sharing with a special focus on trustworthiness, data protection and data sovereignty. There is a lot of online documentation about the International Data Spaces, ranging from political presentation to technical in-detail descriptions. To get a little taste about the topic, without going too far in detail, I collected some promotion materials for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0f2vHUwF8 https://internationaldataspaces.org/ In case you had a look before next Friday, you can raise your questions and doubts during the workshop. The attendance is mandatory. Regards, [redacted] ________________________________________________________________________________ Microsoft Teams meeting Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meetinghttps://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3Ameeting_NDhiMTgzOTgtODYwMC00ZmNmLTg4OGUtOTJiYzhhMzlkNTEy%40thread.v2/0?context={"Tid"%3A"f930300c-c97d-4019-be03-add650a171c4"%2C"Oid"%3A"bc037ef7-d4fd-4609-a595-292488e47c1f"} Or call in (audio only) +49 69 365057687,208162228#tel:+4969365057687,,208162228# Germany, Frankfurt am Main Phone Conference ID: 208 162 228# Find a local numberhttps://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/085701d9-f9e2-4d72-9bea-e71958f3a717?id=208162228 | Reset PINhttps://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing [https://www.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/zv/fhg.png] Learn Morehttps://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting | Meeting optionshttps://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=bc037ef7-d4fd-4609-a595-292488e47c1f&tenantId=f930300c-c97d-4019-be03-add650a171c4&threadId=19_meeting_NDhiMTgzOTgtODYwMC00ZmNmLTg4OGUtOTJiYzhhMzlkNTEy@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US

Sent to the organizer of the next technical DAPSI workshop

Hello !
It looks like the switch to Jisti, a free software, was a success!
Is there a reason to not use Jisti for the next workshop ?
Best,

The organizer answered:

Yes, the presenter feels more comfortable with Teams, I can not force him to use Jisti :blush:

Then i resent the same previous email with everyone CCed (sent in two batch because i made first a typo).

1 Like

Mail received today:

1 Like

Replied today:

Hi [redacted],

This is quite clear, thank you.

I just have one question regarding GDPR, since it is your specialty. Fedeproxy technical deliverable is a stateless self-hostable software focused on data portability and interoperability. In other words, people will install it from here https://pypi.org/project/fedeproxy/ and run it on their own infrastructure: this is the self-hostable aspect. When it runs, the software is stateless: it does not store any data, it reads/write data on the fly for interoperability purposes, from and to software forges such as https://github.com/. The fedeproxy project is non commercial and will not run an online service, except for experimental and demonstration purposes, as described in the grant application.

In this context which aspect of GDPR be addressed?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

I did not hear from the mentor about the upcoming meeting August 4th nor about the clarification as to what is expected and sent the following today as a reminder:

Hi [redacted],

I hope you are well. I very much look forward to our next meeting on August 4th and hope you got a chance to discuss with Augustin. Our discussion about the KPI was inspiring and the outcome is something I can relate to.

Cheers

@pilou I’m worried about the business KPI: there has been no confirmation that fedeproxy will be graded based on the non-commercial KPI that were defined as a result of the work with the mentor.

Unless there is some kind of reply by August 4th, 2021, I’ll draft a message that states

• the non-commercial KPIs as described here were not confirmed
  • the technical KPIs were not covered during the mentoring sessions
  • according to the signed agreement fedeproxy can therefore only be graded based on the content of grant proposal and the non-commercial KPIs drafted during the mentoring sessions

And send the message to the grant organization office to get a formal acknowledgement that they received it since they do not reply via email.

1 Like

This morning, I followed the 3rd DAPSI Technical Workshop about IDS & Data Sovereignty.

• This videoconference required to use the Microsoft Teams Debian package (there was no sound when joining the meeting using Firefox).
  • There wasn’t an attendee list.
    Some slides:
    Screenshot_2021-07-23_10-11-05
    Screenshot_2021-07-23_10-13-05
    Screenshot_2021-07-23_10-32-33
    Screenshot_2021-07-23_10-43-43
1 Like

Received today:

Dear all,

I am sharing with you the slides of our third technical workshop. In case you are interested in more materials and references please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

IDSA and Data Sovereignty.pdf (1.5 MB)

Received today:

Dear all,

From TETRA there is another nice opportunity to your NGI participants in order to showcase the project and network with relevant parties:

Infoshare is the biggest tech conference in the CEE region creating an ecosystem where technologies are combined with business. Every year, thousands of attendees come to Gdańsk. Among them, startups, investors, corporate representatives, programmers and marketers. It is a solid dose of knowledge and business – several hundred leading speakers from around the world, nearly 200 presentations and workshops, several thematic scenes each year.

Infoshare is also a series of side events that are an opportunity to establish new contacts and exchange business experiences. The conference is an ideal place for companies at an early stage of development. Dedicated Matchmaking tool allows you to arrange individual meetings with investors and establish important business relationships. Each year, the Startup Contest accompanying the conference gathers near 700 startups competing for prizes totally worth EUR 30,000 in cash.

This 2021 the event will take place on October 14-15, 2021.

TETRA will cover the conference fee for NGI teams for which Infoshare is a match. If you have interest, please let me know.

Received today:

Loïc, pierre-Louis j’ai parlé rapidement avec [redacted] avant son départ en congés et il ressort que le rapport que vous soumettez en septembre doit montrer votre progression côté technique mais aussi côté compréhension de l’écosystème auquel vous vous adressez et la manière dont votre proposition de valeur pourra se développer de manière soutenable, pérenne.
Les KPIs viennent en plus pour étayer l’évaluation du jury de Dapsi.

Est-ce que cela répond à vos questions ?

En attendant passez un bel été !

1 Like

So The last reply doesn’t address our concerns about the business KPI, will you send the mentioned message ?

Here is my reply, sent today. I assume the KPIs the mentor refers to in his last email are the one that were sent to the DAPSI organizers in this mail. Since there seems to be some confusion as to the non-commercial nature of fedeproxy, I will summarize these exchanges in a formal message sent to the DAPSI organization so that there is no ambiguity, later this month.

Bonjour [redacted],

Merci pour ces précisions. Grace à notre dialogue autour des KPIs pendant notre dernière session et nos échanges courriel c’est maintenant assez clair.

L’élément “compréhension de l’écosystème” est en effet un point sur lequel nous travaillons beaucoup et il y aura de la matière dans le rapport de ce coté.

Pour reprendre les termes de la proposition:

2.6-Relevance, socio-economic impact and benefits. Enabler for developers to move between forges: The goal of fedeproxy is not to attract a large audience but to serve as a demonstration and experimentation ground. It is designed to be an enabler towards the generalization of forge federation.

En d’autres termes fedeproxy est un projet dont l’objectif est de disparaitre, lorsque toutes les forges auront acquis la capacité d’être fédérées. Il est donc explicitement non pérenne: son succès se mesure à la vitesse à laquelle il devient obsolète.

Cordialement

1 Like

Reply from the mentor today:

Très bien.

Quant à la pérennité, elle est éphémère par nature pour cette fonctionnalité, mais peut-être y aurait-il d’autres fonctionnalités à développer pour améliorer la fluidité des échanges (autres projets) ?

Bonne fin de semaine

Received today:

Received today. I will not reply with a suggestion to use Jitsi instead of Microsoft Teams. I’m pretty sure all people involved have received it already in the past few months and that won’t be helpful. @pilou will you be able to attend the event?

Dear DAPSI teams,

I hope that the summer is going great.

The next important event will be the selection of those teams that will continue and progress to the DAPSI phase 2. This will be held in a virtual event held on the 1st October (tentative timing from 9:00 to 17:00). Please, SAVE the DATE.

We will send a detailed agenda and more information in the coming weeks.

For the time being, I can advance that you will have to pitch for around 15 minutes and be evaluated on technical and business criteria.

Best regards,

Yes. Will you join by phone ?

1 Like