Delightful version control

As part of the project you encounter numerous git, version control, code forge related (F)OSS projects. And I see that you ‘dump’ links in separate forum topics for reference. I expect these to be hard to find later.

I created the delightful project for the reason of collecting FOSS, Open Data and Open Science related curated lists, that can be maintained by anyone and on the forge of their chosing.

Therefore I’d like you to consider maintaining FedeProxy related resources on your own themed delightful list, maybe delightful-version-control and/or delightful-git or something. It’s a win-win. You do work you already do, but now stuff sticks together and has usability beyond FedeProxy. And also I’ll do promo for new entries, e.g. tooting “New items [this and that] on [curated list] … maintained by #FedeProxy project.” notifications.

WDYT?

Apart from that there’s an additional category of resources that are not eligible for delightful lists (e.g. commercial, proprietary) that are nonetheless interesting for FedeProxy, if only sideways in many cases. Like inspirational stuff for ideation or input to ‘product management’. And not necessarily for you or the ‘core devs’ but others in the community who may start side-projects in the ‘FedeProxy ecosystem’.

As an example, I just bumped into Gitpod via SustainOSS (who are OSS, not really FOSS-focused).

What they do comes closer to Unified Software Development, not central to FedeProxy now, but not irrelevant either.

This type of resources might warrant a collection topic or even a (sub)category of the forum.

1 Like

I overlooked this interesting post :blush: My short, spontaneous answer will be frustrating I’m sure: this is an excellent suggestion and I have no reservation. But … I know I won’t do it, for reasons that are not easily explained and certainly not based on logic. I can only propose theories that are entirely personal and related to my own life hacks.

I start every work day with the goal of working on a single project and my brain associates that with a context. This forum is my primary context container for fedeproxy. Whenever I find something related to fedeproxy, I add it in this forum to not forget it. From time to time (typically once a month) I go over all changes since the last month to reflect on what was done. It helps me find traces of what other people said or did (like this post) and remember how the project went. It also is a comfort when thinking about the possibility of leaving the project for an extended period of time: this is the place where I’ll come back to reconnect and remember. Whenever I add something somewhere else, I feel the need to also leave a trace in this forum, otherwise I’ll forget about it. An example would be when I updated the Gitea wikipedia page.

1 Like

This makes perfect sense to me, and I can fully understand :slight_smile:

1 Like