Python ActivityPub packages

It is not dedicated to ActivityPub and oriented towards an abstraction of social media protocols. The ActivityPub implementation is probably partial as a result and difficult to re-use in another context.

It is no longer maintained but has been maintained for about a year and may be a good starting point because the standard did not evolve much recently.

Here are a bunch of projects we collected back in 2019 (so some are probably inactive/unmaintained), quality may vary and most are not positioned as “libraries” (so I hope I’m not off topic) :

More recently :

1 Like

And this one is very interesting because it is federation applied to something that’s not microblogging (Social reading and reviewing) and is actively maintained:

• microblog.pub relies little-boxes (which is not actively maintained).
  • Note that socialhome relies on federation library: it can be reused in another context :wink:
  • bridgy-fed is a maintained bridge which implements the ActivityPub Server-to-Server federation protocol:

it bridges the IndieWeb to federated social networks: ActivityPub, OStatus,

federation and bridgy-fed projects are both listed here - Fedeproxy is already listed on this website too :eyes:.

(I heavily edited this post since I missed out that federation project is mentioned on the first post of this thread …)

1 Like